There are five tiers that need to happen to promote virtually any Web site:
- Corporate communications: Every email, every printed ad, every piece of paper printed (brochure, business card, letterhead) needs to have the Web address added, with one reason to go there. “See pricing details at: www.mycompany.com” or “see our portfolio at www.mycompany.com”
- Get listed at google.com, dmoz.org, yahoo.com, msn.com and aol.com.
- Add Google Webmaster tools to add meta information about the Web site – hours, get on Google maps, coupons, etc.
- Advertise online: Facebook, local media sites, myspace, google ads are the best.
- Post on blogs, message boards etc. online to create an online ‘identity’
Once the basics are done, then the fun and creative stuff starts!